Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life Reflections

Our pastoral theology course continues to
ssss----ttttt---rrrr----eee----tttt----cccc----hhhh
our sense of asking good questions. Just when we try to think about God one way, our professor probes our sensibilities another way.


This latest one invited me to think about my life. A not-so-small topic, especially when one is hanging around Hospice once a week. I hope to use this to stimulate conversation, not only with folks who can see the end of their life right now, but also with those I would like to know better.



Reflections on My Life


When dream (i.e. hope/wish), I dream of ___________.
My favorite color is ______ because it reminds me of ________.
When I think of my family, I think of ____________.
What I love most about my life is ____________.
What I would love to change about my life is _____________.
What I wish people knew about me is _____________.
What I hope my family remembers about me is _____________.
When i think of love, I think about _____________.
My most wonderful memory is ____________.
What do you think will happen when you die? ______________.
What scares me most about dying and death is _______________.
What do you look forward to with death? _______________.
My biggest hope for this world is ______________.
When i think of God, I see or I imagine _______________.
I think heaven will be like _____________.



With unabashed copying of my colleagues Nathan and Erin, I also include here one of Erin's recent fun morning report reflections, built with this style in mind.

Gratitude
by Erin Miller

Today, I am so glad that I'm a ___________ not a ______________ (occupation). Today, I am blessed by the sounds of _________________. I am blessed by the sight of ____________________. And I am blessed by the taste of _____________________. Today, I am thankful for _____________ and _______________. And I can't wait for ___________________. Today, I am grateful and glad about it.
So then, just as you recieved Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Col. 2:6-7






I wonder how God provides blank spaces in my life for me to fill in. How will I fill my life with new creation and enter new possibilities? How many times has my filled-in answer directed me one direction or another in my life?





...where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 1 Like 40-41

What do you fill-in where God provides space?

No comments:

Post a Comment