Monday, February 14, 2011

Complex Power

Wow. This computer system we use at the office is really complex.

I'm trying to send an email to a group of people. Simple enough. Well, first we need to identify which people. When doing so, be sure to click five fields and update three date ranges. Oh, and there is the optional "title" field that provides for even more options, down the line.

Next, set up the mailing list. This is attached to the assigned group of people. It has another set of fields and date ranges to click on and set. Third, define the "usage" of this mailing list - email? post? fax? ESP? - and remember the four-digit number that is randomly assigned. Don't forget to click on "log" so that it tracks who actually received the email. Next, set up the template email to which you will attach this usage for the mailing list of this group of people. You are almost ready to send your email to the group. Now go back to the main menu and...

Don't get me wrong, I think that this system is capable of many, many things. It probably could make a double shot macchiato with whipped cream and a dusting of chocolate if we want. The power of this thing is indescribable. It slices, it dices... and that's not all...!!

Which makes me wonder how powerful and intricate is God's presence in our lives. I sense that God is right there with us when we find ourselves in complicated situations. God's love spills out in those places where we see both sides of an argument. God's connection in our lives is revealed where one reaction triggers other responses we had not thought of before. God's power is known when something that seems unsolvable is gracefully cleared.

The power to simplify in the midst of chaos.

I pray for God to simplify the chaos edges in my life. Or at least be with me as I discover those blind spots that "I had not thought of before." And in my current, seemingly unsolveable dilemma, to provide graceful clarity. Thanks in advance, God!

How is God's power known to you in this moment?

Pay close attention now: I'm creating new heavens and a new earth. All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain are things of the past, to be forgotten. Look ahead with joy. Anticipate what I'm creating: I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy, create my people as pure delight. Isaiah 65:17

1 comment:

  1. To much to comprehend! thought provoking post. Looking forward to our first 4 meeting!

    ReplyDelete