Thursday, October 22, 2009

Be Changed

Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die but we will all be changed,... 1 Cor 15:51

Q: Will you pray with me?
A: What do you pray for?
Its one of my responses to the request for prayer.
- For healing of my pancreas
- For my children that they may have the strength to help me through this
- For patients in this hospital who are sick (not for me)
- For the family of the man next door - - they are taking this really hard
- For my doctors that they will find out what is going on with me
- For courage to make the right decision
- For God's glory
- For my grandson on his first day of kindergarten
- For my pastor that he will have strength to hold our church together
- That I will see my sister again before I die
- That I can breathe again without effort
- That God will take me home

I continue to be changed by the responses. I may not "die," in the way that Paul means in his first letter to the people of Corinth. I *will* continue to "die to my old way of being" - to die to my old self that held presumptions about what people hold in their heart. I will continue to be changed.

Prayer changes things. And, it continues to be a mystery, and a marvel, and a wonder.
How are you changed, right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment