Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Who You Calling A Liar?

Thanks to Sojourners, I am taking the

Truth and Civility Election Watch Pledge

Won't You, too?

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

For the duration of the election season, I hereby pledge to uphold the highest standards of truth and civility in word, thought and deed.

On my honor, I will:

1. Just say no to crazy email forwards, and to any other noxious electronic communication that comes my way.

2. Communicate in a spirit of truth, humility, love, and patience with all people I come in contact with, despite our political disagreements or family relationship. (That goes for Uncle Frank. Especially Uncle Frank.)

3. Question any and all statements that sound mean, vindictive, or absurd; that provide no source or context; or that are politically motivated. (So, pretty much everything I hear on cable TV news.)

4. Share and enjoy stories of folks who are living out an attitude of truth and civility.
(Making sure each story meets both requirements: Nice people telling lies don't count.)

5. As a witness for God, encourage and spread a message of hope and reconciliation to a world that is deeply divided by political and cultural differences. (You know, like Jesus taught.)

Affirmed and signed by,
Vicki Hesse

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Vicki. I just came across your blog via another blogger at Faith, Hope & Cherrytea. She was new to RevGalBlogPals.

    ReplyDelete