Thursday, February 11, 2010

Song-seep


I sat in a nearby coffee shop. Fatigued. Tired. Eyes burning. Waiting for the time to leave for my off-call non-work-related appointment in a half hour. I'm catching up on emails, mindlessly googling my way down some bunny trail when a song begins to seep into my head and heart.

The soothing sound of Paul Simon's acoustic guitar plays. His comforting voice refreshes me. My feet are tapping...

...And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To {somewhere else} where my heart lies.

....And as a {blog} I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing {blogs} I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme.

And so {You} see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is {You}.

And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of {You} go I.

= = = = =

Is it okay that I've changed a few words in Kathy's Song, written in 1965, to allow it to seep into my life, in this moment?

How is refreshment seeping into your life, in this moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment