Friday, September 18, 2009

Ponder

September 10, 2009
But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart. Matt 2:19

Ponder: to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate (often fol. by over or upon). to weigh carefully in the mind; consider thoughtfully. The word originates from around 1300, and the root of the word is pendēre to be suspended, to hang.

On this particular Thursday, it was my rotation to present a verbatim. Then we shared some deeply personal insights at the IPR (interpersonal relations group) session. I reflected further with supervision in the afternoon. Oh, and then, to top it off, I met my parish lay discernment committee and was held in their loving arms as we shared our contemplative discernment process.

All pondering activities. All held in my heart with deep gratitude. And, all add up to a very tiring day!

What are you pondering in your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment