Friday, September 18, 2009

Lie Down with Photo :)

September 11, 2009
He makes me lie down in green pastures...

We met for a hike, but it was more like a 'walk n talk' in the woods just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Yakity yak yak yak. Along the river, through the fields, down by the stream. Sack lunch. Meander up the hill over the exposed roots and through the mossy brooks. We shared our trials and tribulations, our gratitudes and blessings, and caught up on each others' lives.

At around 3:30pm, we reached the crest of the hill, and he said to me, "here's where we lie down in green pastures." The sun was just right. The breeze blew softly. The cows were munching just over the next hill.

We lay down in that green pasture, and for some time, just listened. To God.

He restored my soul, since I had been walking in the shadow of death all week. I felt God with me, shepherding me - God's rod and God's staff. God comforted me, through my buddy.

I'm filled up with gratitude! Hooray for contemplative friends-in-Christ!

Who has restored you, today?

2 comments:

  1. On my morning drive I was putting in a cd and I accidently caught the beginning of an inspirational song on the radio - Peace Be Still, by Rush of Fools. It was so beautiful, just the thoughts I needed at just the right time. Thanks to Itunes it is now mine to overuse. It refreshed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post and beautiful application of that Psalm to our situation. Chaplains do tend to walk through a valley of death's shadow in a sense, and to see how your soul is restored by green pastures and still waters in nothing but inspirational.

    ReplyDelete