Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eager

June 28, 2009
For if the eagerness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has-- not according to what one does not have. 2 Cor 8:12

Eager - eagerness. That's such an interesting inner state. One dictionary defines it as "keen or ardent in desire or feeling; impatiently longing" or "characterized by or revealing great earnestness." Is this a feeling that shows up in the moment? Or is it a feeling that teases me into the future?

I dance with this - am I eager because I am impatiently longing?

This character of great earnestness, while a strength when used for sharpness or enthusiasm, can also have a disingenuous effect if over-expressed. Yes, I am eager to do my work, to see my friends, to call my sisters on the phone, but could this be taking me out of the moment?

Then I breathe, and remember, that with eagerness, the inner state is a gift - and it is acceptable - and it is enough. I am enough. And that, is showing up to the moment.

How does your eagerness affect you?

No comments:

Post a Comment