Thursday, June 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

June 25, 2009
We give thanks, O God, and call upon your name, we make known your deeds among the peoples. Ps 105:1

When I asked him about his situation, he explained his cancer diagnosis. With his wife beside him, I listened how he had struggled to keep things "normal" for his two young children. He lost his job and they moved in with her family. Then something amazing happened.

He said how thankful he was.

He shared how his family had received an outpouring of support from extended family, friends, work mates, former work mates, and people they don't even know. His wife explained that even now they receive a check every month with a little anonymous note saying, "we are thinking and praying about you." Boxes of food show up on their doorstep. I got chills listening to this story and caught a contagious hope from this young couple.

I reflect... how am I giving thanks, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment