Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Peace Prayer

June 30, 2009
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls and quietness within your towers..." Ps 122:6-7

Peace. Peace. Peace. Many of my patients, families and staff are praying for this. They seek the peace that is acceptance, the peace that allows waiting, the peace that provides sleep and recuperation. I, too, seek peace.

Helen Keller wrote, "I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace." I think she makes a very good point about how understanding brings peace, and that's being present in the moment. When I find answers to my questions, when I have insights to the source of my feelings, when I can find an image that reflects a representation of what is happening - then I can find peace.

How do you find peace within your walls and quietness within your towers?

No comments:

Post a Comment