Sunday, August 9, 2009

Through Prayer

August 7, 2009
This kind can only come out through prayer. Mark 9:28

This week has been one of hard choices. I needed to choose, each day, where to spend my time.

For example, on Wednesday, I wanted to go to a personal appointment that I had scheduled last week. I had set it up the appointment on a day that I was "on call" (what was I thinking?). Soon as I realized this need to be in two places at once, I arranged for one of my colleagues to be "on call" for the one hour of my appointment.

On Wednesday morning, one of the doctors arranged a meeting with a family of a patient that I have been following for the last four weeks. That meeting would be at exactly the same hour as my appointment. I must choose - go to my personal appointment, be 'on call', or go to the family meeting?

I realize that I have these choices in many areas of my life. I must constantly discern what is best for me, for God and for my neighbors in each unique moment. This can only be done in prayer.

How is prayer guiding you, right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment