Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Death

July 7, 2009
What is your point of view of death? - Prof. Larry Kent Graham, 2004

For the last 24 hours, I have been reflecting on that question. Not because I was on call. Not because any of my patients died. Not because of Michael Jackson's funeral today.

It's because something shifted for me. In a recent conversation with a patient, I realized that *my understanding* of God's presence in life and in death, well, didn't hold water. I was humbled to be faced with the reality that nothing that I can say to someone with stage 4 lung and liver cancer about theology is sufficient. Nothing I can say.

I can only be. there. in. the. moment.

I'm dancing with that very question right now. And, I do believe that God's grace is enough.

What's your point of view of death?

No comments:

Post a Comment