Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shining Face

July 17, 2009
Make your face to shine upon your servant, and in your loving-kindness, save me. Ps 31:16

I enjoyed visiting a college campus today with my sister and nephew. Nephew is looking for a college with an outdoor recreational degree. Since our family grew up in the Church of the Outdoor Sports, I can see in him a common spirituality.

College tours provide such an insight into what it's like to be 18 or 19 or 20 these days. The tour-guides and presenters were quite enthusiastic, showing off the various non-academic parts of the college - which is good, because that's what Nephew is really checking out.

The day-off-from-hospital-work provided me with a respite from the intensity of pastoral care. With Sister keeping me laughing and Nephew competing with me by jumping steps, we found Spirit shining in every face that we encountered.

Whose face shines through for you, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment