Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gathering the Lame and the Outcasts

July 22, 2009
...and I will save the lame and gather the outcast and I will change their shame into praise and renown in all the earth. Zephania 3:19

My supervisor reminded us today that just because we come across a specific disease over and over and over in one day, doesn't necessarily mean that there is an epidemic going on. It means that in any hospital there is a gathering of the lame, the outcasts, the shamed - and all their families.

I may *feel* like there is an abundance of certain diseases showing up and so the question shifts. For what reason are we all (there are 9 of us in the program) wanting to talk about this particular disease? What about our inner world reflects dis-ease in this similar way?

I reflect how I have this dis-ease, metaphorically. It affects how I authentically connect with patients, families, staff, - oh, and with my colleagues. I offer it to my community for transformation.

And am grateful for grace. That's something to praise!

How are you feeling changed, right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment